The Real Estate market in Bellingham and throughout Whatcom County has never been more competitive and it can be very frustrating for home buyers. For Bellingham home buyers in particular, things are getting especially tough. A couple of examples:
-A recent listing that came on for $415,000 in Bellingham had 32 offers (sold price not yet published).
-A recent listing out of our office listed for $720,000 and is closing for $875,000.
These are some of the most extreme examples of course, but across all market areas of Whatcom County, multiple offers situations are getting more intense. We are also below a 1 month supply of inventory across Whatcom County under $750,000, which is truly the hottest market in recorded history in Whatcom County. That means it has never been more important to have a pro-active Realtor by your side.
Most of these tactics are not new. But we are employing them all right now. The key is that our clients do not miss out on any opportunities.
We call it the “John L. Scott Home Buying Advantage”. In today’s market, our brokers use a mix of technology & boots-on-the-ground extra effort to help their clients find that needle in the haystack property:
• Personal video tours when buyers can not get inside the home right away.
• Search unlisted pre-sales and new construction.
• “Farm” (letters & door knocking) neighborhoods of interest to our clients.
• Work with For Sale By Owners
• Connect our clients to our mobile app (www.jlsapp.com) & property tracker for instant text alerts for new listings.
• We also employ multiple strategies to help our clients win bidding wars.
Message us today if you are interested in working with a professional JLS buyers agent to help you with your search.